Monday, May 6, 2013

Like a Boss.

Here are the e-mails we received this week from our Elder! It's always the best days when we hear from our Drew bug. He sounds incredibly happy! I am literally counting down the days until we get to talk to him on the phone....oh my goodness, I am sure excited!

Dear Lex,

My P-day changed only for last week, because we had transfers. We have transfers every six weeks, so plan on the sixth week having a p-day on Wednesday. It's so good to hear from you Lex!!! I love you so much, and am proud of you and Ryan for working tirelessly to support mom. That's so crazy that Carson got a grand slam!!!! He is such a boss. How are the other 'Adams' boys doing? Is Ethan liking baseball as well? How is Carter liking the Wii? Haha. 
Well, we are now beginning to teach a 15 year old girl named Taylor. She has been to mutual before with one of her friends, but she stopped going a while ago. We taught her the first lesson so far, and have tutored her on her algebra homework (piece of cake now compared to missionary work!) We really hope that she will accept our invitation to come back to mutual and maybe have her and her mom attend church. Well Lex, I love you and I miss you. The mission is flying by though, and I know that this is an amazing experience that I am able to go through. Helping others come to a knowledge of the gospel is the most gratifying thing anyone could be doing in their lives. 

-Elder Hatch 


Dear mom,

Thank you so much for the updates mom! It's so good to hear all about how the family is doing. Mom, if you saw our apartment and car right now, you wouldn't believe that I had part ownership of them. They are as clean as a whistle, because we know that the spirit abides much more frequently and strongly in a house of order and cleanliness. It is GREAT! Well, we taught Kelvin the first lesson. He is training to be a pilot, and is currently Lutheran. We met him outside his house when he was carrying in groceries. Oh... BIG NEWS... I had the opportunity to go on a 24 hour exchange with the assistants to the president!!! This was probably my greatest learning experiences as a missionary, to see the best of the best in action. Not only did we go on exchanges there in Worthington, but I spent the day with Elder Floyd (my grandpa, or trainer's trainer). He is definitely one of the best in the mission field, and it was amazing to get to tract, contact, and teach with him. Yes, that's right, I taught a lesson with him!! The lady's name was Jasmin (with a y sound for the j), and we taught her in the stake president's office. Although all of these circumstances combined may have seemed nerve-racking to me at the time, I know that my preparation on my mission paid off for that day. We (Heavenly Father, Elder Floyd, and I) were able to put her on date for baptism on June 1!!!!! We were so excited when she accepted our invitation, and knew that she would be blessed because of her great faith in Jesus Christ. Also, my scripture memorization paid off, because Elder Floyd "threw me under the bus" a couple times when he told the investigators that I would recite the scripture from memory. I DID IT. It was an incredible feeling when I went to bed that night, like all of my life was preparing me for this one day. I know that there are going to be many other amazing experiences on my mission, and I plan to continue to work my hardest so that I can bring people to a knowledge of the truth.

-Love,
Elder Hatch


No comments:

Post a Comment