Monday, May 20, 2013

Microwave Episode.

So, it wouldn't be a normal weekly letter from Drew, without something hilarious involved, now would it? To set up his email, my mom actually received an email from a lady in Drew's ward, explaining the following:

Hi Lisa
I have to rat on your son. The boys came over for dinner last night and
Elder McMichael could not wait to tell me this story- So, he wanted to take a quick nap,
but your son did not want him to. So he tromps around the kitchen talking
loudly to irritate his companion. As he is talking he decides to make a
snack. Elder McMichael describes the noise he heard next akin to the 4th of
July.
He yells Turn It Off ands runs into the kitchen to see a horrified Elder
Hatch staring at the microwave containing an unopened can of beans!

It still works! That part amazes me. He asked my husband if he knew how to
cook and if he ever had to cook. Too funny. I thought you might get a
giggle!


We seriously could NOT stop laughing after reading this! As my husband, Ryan put it, he's surprised we hadn't heard something like this a couple months ago! 

We then got an email from Drew himself: 

OKAY... WHO TOLD YOU THAT?!?!?!?! Just so everyone knows, it wasn't on purpose!!! My companion was sleeping (as usual) and I was trying to chat his head off to wake him up. Whilst I was doing so, I decided to heat up a can of baked beans in the microwave. I was going to put it in a microwave safe container (tupperware) when I got too distracted talking and stuck the can in the microwave. It was a scene from Back to the Future, and sounded EXACTLY like the DeLorean revving up to time travel. There were sparks galore coming from the microwave. I thought the whole house was going to explode. However, it DID wake my companion up. 

-Of course, he also wrote more, but I just wanted to share the funny parts first. Drew's letters crack me up! Anyway, here is some more from his letter this week! Enjoy!-


In other, more important news... we had some amazing blessing occur last week. We have been struggling to get a decent sized investigator pool to teach, and I have tried to do everything in my power to stay exactly obedient and have the spirit with me when we did find someone. President Nilsen has counseled us to meet with part-member families, prospective elders, and some other categories of members in our wards. This was revelation, as we visited two of these families yesterday, and the Lord poured out blessing upon both of them. 

First, we visited a part member family in the ward where the wife was an Atheist. The husband is on the high council, and has had pretty much every calling you can have in a ward. Last time we had dinner with them, the wife said she was still not ready to hear the gospel. We scheduled another dinner with them via our meal coordinator (most underestimated calling in the church) and were able to visit them a second time. Even though the sister had said she was not ready to receive the message last time, my companion and I were impressed to ask her about her relationship with God. She was wary at first, so we were guided by the spirit to open her up. Her dad had taught her growing up that all organized religion was of the devil. The spirit helped her realize at dinner that it was the adversary who was halting her progression and her relationship with Heavenly Father. We mentioned experimenting on the word, and how many of the first latter-day saints had the same concerns that she did before she joined, and also how we had to come to a knowledge for ourselves. I had an impression at the end of the short lesson to talk about my anxiety, and I compared it to the adversary, how he makes you afraid of things that don't even exist. She was afraid of what the future held, afraid of succeeding, and she realized that by the end of the lesson. She told us that she would pray about being taught the lessons!

1 comment:

  1. Funny Elder Drew! He is making the most of his mission for sure! Watch out for those cans of beans in the microwave!!!

    ReplyDelete